Opportunities at Bébé Voyage
Join the Bébé Voyage Team!
As the Bébé Voyage community grows, our core team needs help in spreading the word, developing fresh and exciting content, and keeping up to date with all of our members. If you want to be part of a team whose purpose it is to empower children to be curious, open-minded, global citizens and lifelong travelers by exposing them to new cultures and experiences to build a better, more peaceful world for all, we’d love to hear from you!
The Culture at Bébé Voyage
We are so pleased that you are interested in joining our internal team. As you consider supporting us, we wanted to share what type of culture you can expect to experience at Bébé Voyage.
- Global Workspace! Our current core team is scattered throughout the world! From Buenos Aires and Chicago to New York, DC, London, and Paris, our core team is 100% remote. We are looking for candidates who are able to work independently and willing to work across cultures and time zones.
- Virtual Tools! Since we are all virtual, we utilize cloud-based software to communicate and collaborate. G-Suite, Slack, Trello and Airtable are among the most popular tools for communicating and managing our projects. Familiarity with these tools is beneficial, but we are also happy to introduce these tools to you, as long as you’re eager to learn.
- Community! As a company, we value curiosity, authenticity, fun, community, and peace. We try to reflect that in the way we work as a team. So while you might be physically far away, we communicate often and try to make sure you’re never lonely! Our team members have developed great relationships with each other and have organized to meet each other on trips, arranged house swaps and supported each other in professional development.
- Compensation! While at this time we are unable to offer monetary compensation (for anyone… including ourselves!), we can offer you the opportunity to gain more experience in your current field, learn or master new skills, be part of an exciting start-up, and explore new career opportunities. Once we are profitable, (hopefully soon!) we will give priority to the current team members for paid positions. Past volunteers have gone on to leverage their experience with Bébé Voyage for well-paid jobs in the industry of their choice.
- Flexibility! Flexibility goes both ways! Our hours are flexible, but we do request that you are available to dedicate at least 5 hours a week to Bébé Voyage and are available for at least 1-status call each week.
Still Interested? Apply Here!
If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to us.
Note: Some of the positions have additional requirements. Please read the listing carefully and submit all your materials together. Positions are open until filled.
Currently Available Volunteer Positions
The Online Content Editorial Assistant will play an important role in developing SEO’d content for Bébé Voyage. The Editorial Assistant will be responsible for:
- SEO’ing all content before it goes up on the Bébé Voyage website
- Inserting affiliate links where appropriate
- Copy-editing articles
- Managing the editorial calendar
- Communicating with external contributors
For the right candidate, there may also be opportunities to write articles for Bébé Voyage based on our members’ experiences.
Bébé Voyage will train the Editorial Assistant in:
- The latest SEO strategies and best practices
- Our virtual collaboration tools (G-Suite, Slack, Trello and Airtable)
This is a great opportunity for anyone eager to get into the online content production and publishing space. You don’t necessarily need prior experience in the area, but you must be eager to learn.
With your application, please submit a piece of writing on a topic of your choice that meets Bébé Voyage’s publication guidelines:
There are THREE essential things we look for in every article we publish:
- A powerfully written personal anecdote that connects with the reader, moves them and engages them in your article
- A lesson or take-away based on your experience that helps them walk away with new ideas, perspectives and excitement to try something new in their own lives
- Content that aligns with Bébé Voyage’s values of :
Additionally, the article MUST
- be written in web-format (well-organized; skimmable; short paragraphs; lists and bullets)
- be in the 600 – 1,000 words range.
- include at least one high resolution photo that is relevant to the article.
The Bébé Voyage members only Facebook group is thriving and we’re having a tough time keeping up. We have more than 13,500 members with dozens more waiting to get in! We need a community manager to:
Web designer needed to help drive e-commerce sales and sign ups for Bébé Voyage.
- 2+ yrs. experience in digital graphic design, especially mobile-first sites
clear understanding of desktop vs mobile traffic and users and how to optimize design elements for each
- proven track record of helping increase e-commerce conversion rates
clear understanding on how to optimize call to action buttons and user flow, including call to action placement, colors, etc.)
- ability to build and deploy A/B tests of different layouts and landing pages
- experience in e-commerce sites a must
- experience in baby travel related sector a plus