Traveling with Toddlers to Chicago | A Family Friendly Travel Guide
With our Chicago travel guide, you’ll gain access to insider tips and tricks for traveling with your baby. Family friendly accommodation suggestions, the best things to see and do with small kids, approved and preferred child dining options, how to find a babysitter, medical information and more. New Interactive map!
Visiting Chicago with Kids Has Never Been Easier
With the Complete Bébé Voyage Chicago Travel guide, you’ll gain access to the best things to do in Chicago with kids (and babies), Chicago family attractions and activities, as well as an airport map that pinpoints family amenities in airports around the world and an interactive customized city map with our community vetted restaurants, parks, indoor playgrounds in Chicago and more.
Additionally, the Complete Chicago Bébé Voyage Travel Guide includes information on how to find a babysitter and a pediatrician. It also has a medical section which identifies for you common over-the-counter baby and child medications available in that country and their equivalents. In the complete edition, you’ll also find a customized phrasebook which helps you translate baby gear and other key words and phrases which are relevant to traveling with a baby.
Why We Love Family Friendly Chicago
With Bébé Voyage’s Family Friendly Chicago Destination Guide, find out about this wonderful city located right in the Midwest. The downtown area is filled with museums and cultural activities geared towards both children and adults. The museum campus houses the Adler Planetarium, the fabulous Shedd Aquarium, and the Field Museum of Natural History. Downtown Chicago is home to Millennium Park and the famous Bean sculpture, the Art Institute is situated just next door, and the new Maggie Daley Park with its impressive playground and ice skating rink. Further north, family friendly Chicago favorites include the Children’s Museum and the iconic Ferris wheel on the Navy Pier. If you keep heading north and leave the downtown area, you will stumble upon the neighborhoods of Chicago. These family-friendly Chicago neighborhoods have a wonderful mix of residences and shops, and–most importantly–delicious, kid-friendly restaurants. The Chicago Park District is a great place to be, as you will find free parks and playgrounds in every neighborhood, just a few blocks apart from each other. The Lincoln Park Zoo is worth a visit, and best of all, it is totally free! In the summertime, you will find most Chicago residents enjoying the lake, sunbathing at the beach, and running, biking, or strolling along the scenic lakeshore path. Any time of the year, there is much to explore in The Windy City with your little one in tow!
With this destination guide, you’ll get a truly family-friendly Chicago experience. This guidebook has recommendations on things to do for the whole family, including touring the main sites, but also how to best experience the culture like a local and what parks are nearby for your kids to go run and play. Our destination guides ensure you have fun while also making the most of your trip thanks to the information we gather from our ambassadors all over the world—yes, people who live in this very place! Co-written by ambassadors who either live in the destination or travel to it quite often, you’ll receive authentic and local suggestions for restaurants, activities and more. From where to stay, what to eat, and how to get around… explore your destination with ease using our family-friendly guide.
What’s in each Destination Guide?
- Airport map– tailored to families, we’ve pinpointed baby, toddlers, and family-friendly amenities at airports around the globe, to help families no matter where they are flying from or through. Easily locate kids play spaces, nursing mothers rooms, and other helpful hints for various airports worldwide.
- Accommodation suggestions– neighborhoods, hotels, and resorts that are kid-friendly
- The best things to see and do– museums, activities, shopping, historical sites, parks and more
- Restaurant suggestions– a list of both casual and higher-end dining options to feed the whole family
- Transportation advice– from public transit to car rentals and what to do about car seats, we’re here to help you navigate your destination like a local
- Where to stock up– whether you need to run out and grab diapers or pick up groceries to stock your vacation rental, we’ve listed the best grocery stores, pharmacies, and supermarkets where you’re headed
- Baby-friendly specifics– what brands of baby items are available locally, how to say baby-related keywords and phrases, and what the deal is with changing tables, nursing, and overall baby friendliness abroad
- Tips and tricks– helpful advice from our global community of parents
Our destination guides are available as a PDF to read on any device, anywhere, anytime! You can access it on the road when you’re out exploring new places with your family.
Got more more questions? Check out the Bébé Voyage Travel Guide F.A.Q.