Traveling with Toddlers: Expert Advice from Parents Who Know
Bébé Voyage is a community of globetrotting parents providing collectively-sourced, local knowledge and practical advice on traveling with your baby. With our toddler travel guides, you’ll gain access to the years of travel experience our Ambassadors and community members have learned on their many trips around the world with their own toddlers. Learn from our mistakes.
In a downloadable, easy to navigate format, we will provide you with everything you need to travel with your baby, infant or toddler–from planning your trip to insider information when you are at your destination. The Bébé Voyage travel guides feature:
- Recommendations on things to do for families traveling with 0 to 5-year-olds and their adventurous parents.
- Insights for how to best experience the culture like a local
- Interactive maps with parks, playgrounds, indoor play areas, as well as sites, museums, restaurants, and shopping
- Information on what local breastfeeding etiquette is and where to find a changing table
- A phrasebook specifically tailored for parents traveling with babies and small children
- Airport maps – tailored to families, we’ve pinpointed baby, toddler, and family-friendly amenities at airports around the globe, to help families no matter where they are flying from or through. Easily locate kids play spaces, nursing mothers rooms, and other helpful hints for various airports worldwide.
- Accommodation suggestions– neighborhoods, hotels, and resorts that are kid-friendly
- The best things to see and do– museums, activities, shopping, historical sites, parks and more
- Restaurant suggestions– a list of both casual and higher-end dining options to feed the whole family
- Transportation advice– from public transit to car rentals and what to do about car seats, we’re here to help you navigate your destination like a local
- Where to stock up – whether you need to run out and grab diapers or pick up groceries to stock your vacation rental, we’ve listed the best grocery stores, pharmacies, and supermarkets where you’re headed
- Baby-friendly specifics– what brands of baby gear are available locally, how to say baby-related keywords and phrases, and what the deal is with changing tables, nursing, stroller accessibility and overall baby friendliness abroad
- And more!
As a bonus, you also get direct access to the Bébé Voyage Virtual Tours, created by families on the ground so you can see what is realistic to do in a day at your destination. These tours are created by our ambassadors who act as virtual guides, holding your hand on a mini-itinerary complete with photos and an interactive map, giving you insider recommendations, local finds, and great family-friendly ways to discover the city’s highlights.
Our guidebooks ensure you, the parents, have fun while also making the most of your trip, thanks to the information we gather from our ambassadors from all over the world — yes, these are people who live in the destination city or travel there regularly with their own children. From where to stay, what to eat, how to get around and what to do if you end up with an explosive diaper… explore your destination with ease using our family-friendly travel guides.
Many other family travel blogs offer information from the perspective of just one family. And while big travel review and book sites are getting better about including “family-friendly” filters, we’ve realized that there isn’t an agreed-upon standard and that their recommendations haven’t necessarily been vetted by real families with small children.
Because our travel guides are community sourced, Bébé Voyage is able to offer you a multitude of perspectives and recommendations that have been cross-checked by other families. We get continuous input both from families who live in these cities and who visit them. As our guidebooks offer a range of options, it ensures that whether you’re looking for a hidden gem only known to locals or the most baby-friendly way to manage the top sites, we’ve got you covered.
We’ve put a lot of work into creating the best guides for traveling with children to save you time and frustration. Learn from globetrotting parents with their insider knowledge on changing tables, breastfeeding, and high chairs. For those traveling with toddlers, we have information on parks and kids’ menus at restaurants that can accommodate even your pickiest eater. Each guide includes:
- Family-friendly accommodation suggestions
- Best things to see and do with kids
- Transportation advice (including car seat laws!)
- Tips and tricks specific to each city
- Airport maps that pinpoint family amenities in airports around the world
- Community vetted restaurants, parks, activities, and more
- Hyperlinks so you can easily get more information and make your bookings
We currently offer Bébé Voyage Traveling with Toddler guides for the cities of London, Paris, Tokyo, Sydney and Chicago with Stockholm, New York and Reykjavik coming soon. In order to stay informed about the release of new guidebooks and revised editions of current ones, be sure to join our community of globetrotting parents.
The complete Bébé Voyage travel guides are available on the Bébé Voyage website as a PDF to read on any device, anywhere, anytime! You can access it on the road when you’re out exploring new places with your family (downloadable: take them with you no matter where you go) or view the interactive web version upon purchase. Get your guidebook now and make the most out of your next big family trip!
Don’t forget to check out our complete baby travel gear reviews and baby travel checklists to make sure that you have everything you need for traveling with children. Like our travel guides, our baby gear recommendations are community sourced and vetted by real parents who travel with toddlers, babies and young kids.
Traveling with Toddlers: Frequently Asked Questions
What makes Bébé Voyage’s travel guides different? The information we have is community-sourced and our guidebooks are family-focused. We help parents continue to travel even as their family grows by offering family-related travel tips and kid-friendly resorts, restaurants, and accommodations all over the world. The Bébé Voyage team is comprised of globetrotting parents who have tested many of these places firsthand.
What does this guide include that your website does not? The content on our website is thorough and wonderful, but it doesn’t offer specific recommendations for accommodations, neighborhood recommendations, park locations, etc. for each destination we cover. Do you need to know the preferred urgent care location in case your child gets sick, or where to buy organic produce so you can blend up baby food while on holiday? Our travel guide will tell you all the information you need to know gathered and organized in one place so you don’t have to go hunting around and wasting time!
How frequently are the Travel Guides updated? We review our guidebooks annually. If we are made aware of specific changes, such as a restaurant closure or car seat regulation change, we will correct it immediately.
Is this guide available in print? Yes and no. After purchasing our Guidebook as an e-book, you may download the PDF to your device or print a copy on your own to have available on your trip. We know some of the most exciting locations don’t always have Wi-Fi!
Are there any discount coupons? Yes! We give exclusive discount codes for family travel-related products and services to our Bébé Voyage Travel Guide readers. When you purchase a guidebook, you will have the option to be added to our distribution list which will give you the latest promo codes and deals. There are also some discounts listed in the guide.
How do I become a member? By purchasing our travel guides, you receive free membership to Bébé Voyage, the premier community of globetrotting parents. Membership includes an online forum, regular tips & tricks, discounts and promos on great family travel gear and services.
Can I contact Bebe Voyage with questions or concerns? Please contact us at contact @ bebevoyage.com and we will do our best to serve you!