Write for Bébé Voyage
Write for Us, Share Your Hard-Earned Traveling-with-a-Baby Wisdom
Bébé Voyage is a community of globetrotting parents providing collectively-sourced, local knowledge and practical advice on traveling with your baby. We believe in empowering children to be curious, open-minded, global citizens and lifelong travelers by exposing them to new cultures and experiences to build a better, more peaceful world for all.
Bébé Voyage’s mission is to build a community where globetrotting parents can share and support each other through their travel experiences, while promoting authentic, family-friendly experiences within the travel industry. Our target audience is parents and expecting parents of 0 to 5 year olds who travel for work, family, adventure and life circumstances.
Initially, we wrote all the articles ourselves. After sharing a few readers’ stories and guest posts however, we realized just how much we can all benefit from shared wisdom and diverse voices.
Hence this call for you to write for us.
What We Look for in the Articles We Publish
There are THREE essential things we look for in every article we publish:
- A powerfully written personal anecdote that connects with the reader, moves them and engages them in your article
- A lesson or take-away based on your experience that helps them walk away with new ideas, perspectives and excitement to try something new in their own lives
- Content that aligns with Bébé Voyage’s values of :
Additionally, the article MUST
- be written in web-format (well-organized; skimmable; short paragraphs; lists and bullets)
- be original and not published anywhere else before
- be in the 800 – 2,000 words range. We prefer to stick to that range, but will make exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
- include at least one high resolution photo that is relevant to the article (and that you have rights to or is open source and OK for us to publish on the website).
By submitting the article you agree that if your article is published, Bébé Voyage will retain the rights to republish or reuse the material in the future, of course with due credit to you.
If you’re not familiar with the blog, please spend some time reading a few of the articles on this page to get a feel for it first.
The Topics We Are Looking For
Most articles we publish these days revolve around traveling with a young child(ren). So pretty much anything that falls in this general category with any specific focus (e.g. lessons learned from a trip, handling a particular situation, keeping the spirit of travel when home etc.) is welcome.
Articles that discuss innovative travel gear, inspiring travel stories and/or advice, are our personal favorites and do well on the site too. We don’t nearly have enough of these articles, so if you send us a well-written one on this topic, we will be very grateful.
We would also love to publish well curated lists that are interesting to traveling parents – for example: favorite travel gear, best books/movies to inspire a love of travel, best parenting books for [multilingual families]/[some other theme] etc.
Please take a look here to see what resonates best (and what is already covered).
Before you write your article
In order to save yourself and us some time:
- Please send an email to editor @ bebevoyage.com with 3-5 story ideas. This can be as simple as a potential headline/ title and a sentence or two expanding on the concept.
- In the subject, please include “Amazing Article Ideas for Bébé Voyage”.
- If you’re interested in writing a review, “Day in the Life” or a “Hidden Gem”, please ask us to send you the template.
How to Submit
Once you have completed your article:
- Send an email to editor @ bebevoyage.com with the completed article as a Word document attachment or a link to a Google Doc.
- At the end of the article, please include your bio data: full name as you would like it to appear, a short bio (1-2 sentences), and if applicable a link to your website, Instagram etc.
- Include the keywords “Completed Blogpost for Bébé Voyage” in your email subject line. (We get a LOT of mail, so this is extremely important to ensure that we can respond to your email promptly – thanks in advance!)
- Please attach as a separate file a high resolution photo that is relevant to the article (and that you have rights to or is open source and OK for us to publish on the website)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What can I expect once I submit the article?
We get a LOT of emails. If you’ve followed all the guidelines above, but still haven’t heard back from us after 3 weeks, please do send a reminder. We will try to get back to you asap.
- What kind of articles are most likely to get accepted?
We’ve been doing this for a few years now, and a pattern is beginning to emerge. The articles that resonate with our community (and hence the ones we end up accepting) are the ones where you personally relate to the topic you’ve chosen to write about and hence will be able to connect more authentically and genuinely with the readers.
Think of it… you are a parent too. Which one of these would you rather read?
- A preachy list of cliched tips
- OR, a real-life account of what another parent actually did in a very similar situation, their thought process, what they found while researching the topic, the obstacles they came up against and how they triumphed…
Keep it real, conversational, motivating and practical.
If we feel like we can connect to your words and can learn from you, chances are, we will not only publish you, but do everything we can to promote you!
- Can I submit more than one article?
You are welcome to, but we will likely space out your submissions so they don’t come out back to back.
- Will my article appear exactly as I submitted it?
We reserve the right to edit and proofread the article to keep it in line with the Bébé Voyage style. We also reserve the right to add or edit hyperlinks, including to our affiliate partners, to the extent that they enhance the reader’s experience.
PS: If you’ve made it this far, I think we’ll get along just fine! I look forward to reading your article